Merging | XM Community
Solved

Merging

Badge +2

Hi, Im trying to make a survey for my master thesis but im really stuck on something. I created two different chat surveys (where the particpatns can have a chat with a simulation of a chatbot) on SurveySparrow. 1 is the control chatbot and the other the treatment. I want to integrate these two in my survey on Qualitrics (in the middle after the introduciton and demographic questions but before the questions that measure the experiences of the respondents) as randomization in the sense that the respondents either are directed to the control chatbot or the treatmnet chatbot. However, I cannot manage to do this… Can someone please help me!

icon

Best answer by tannerfaragher 11 May 2023, 15:21

View original

7 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +22

Hey Emma, I am happy to help! Are both surveys (control chatbot and treatment chatbot) acting as Blocks in one single survey? If so, we could set up some logic in the Survey Flow where we allow the respondent to randomly see one of the two surveys. You will go to your survey project > Survey Flow > Add an Element > Randomizer > place both Blocks underneath the Randomizer, and then lastly, ensure that it says to randomly present one of the two Blocks. I look forward to hearing from you and I hope this helps get you started!

Userlevel 5
Badge +22

If they are in fact two separate surveys, I would recommend that you combine them into one survey and separate the “surveys” out by blocks. Then, you can follow the above instructions to randomize your two bots! Thanks.

Badge +2

Hi! thanks for your response!! I just made two chatbots on Landlot (I do not know if you have heard of it) and I want to put the URL into the randomization block. But is it possible to do that and add two different URL in two different blocks so that people randomly see the URL link of chatbot 1 or chatbot 2?? And is t even possible to add an URL link to the randomziation block because i dont know how to do it, I tried a few things but with no success.. Looking forward to your respons. 

Userlevel 5
Badge +22

Hey Emma, thank you for the additional context. I am not familiar with Landlot but this sounds like a fun use case! One option you could try out would be to create one Text/Graphic question type for each URL, as seen here:

Make sure both questions are in the same block and that no other questions are in that block. Then, click on the block and select Question randomization:

From there, you can tell Qualtrics to randomly display one of the two questions in the block:

This way, as respondents go through your Qualtrics survey, once they get to the Block with the two URLs, they will randomly only see one. 

Please let me know if this solution works for you or if you have any additional questions. Thank you!

Badge +2

Thank you so miuch!! that worked!!! however, I have one additional question. After people will use the chatbot they have to go back to the survey to fill in some additional questions but if I click on the link I will get redirected to the chatbot but Im not able to go back to Qualitrics anymore. Do you know whether its possible that when people click on the link they get redirected to the chatbot in a new tab so they can go back to the survey to fill in the questions. Again, thank you so much!!!

Userlevel 5
Badge +22

Hey Emma, glad that worked! Yes, you can modify the parameters of the link!

Yes, we can get that set up! So, head to your Text/Graphic with the link and highlight the link and then click on the link icon (that looks sort of like a paper clip on the right side) (you’ll need to do this for both links):

Next, ensure the link is correct:

From there, click on “Target”, and you can set it up so that the chatbox opens up in a new tab, so they can head back to the survey where they were at, at any time!

Please let me know if this helps. This is a fun use case! Have a great day and start to the weekend!

Badge +2

great thank you so much! it worked!!!! Do you know whether it is possible that I redirect the participants back to the survey after interacting with the chatbot ? That there maybe is a link that I can put into the chatbot interface that redirects the participatns so that not have to do it manually? :) 

Leave a Reply