Exporting to CSV issues | XM Community

Exporting to CSV issues

• 21 April 2023
  • 5 replies

Badge +2

I everyone, 

Over the last few days I’ve been having issues trying to export CSV files from surveys and dashboards and I’m not the only one in my org. I can export survey data as an excel file which is working fine, but I can’t export my dashboard or directory data as an excel file. So I was just wondering if anyone else is facing similar issues, or if we will need to raise a support ticket?

Thanks in advance!

5 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +27

We can check the ongoing issues on Qualtrics here. If you are facing any issue not mentioned on the status link, then feel free to raise support ticket.

Userlevel 4
Badge +18

@Amy_Tsaousi - Recently, Qualtrics has updated the way dashboard exports work - now a notification appears in top right corner. Not sure whether this is why you don’t see a file being downloaded. :)

Badge +2

Thanks @Shashi ! I’ve taken a look and it doesn’t look like it’s a wider issue. 

@Mishraji Thanks for replying, but it’s not the issue I’m facing. Once I’ve downloaded the CSV file, it doesn’t open correctly in Excel as a CSV - it’s as if the CSV didn’t generate properly and all the data is in rows, rather than the desired format of columns and rows. 

I may do some more investigating internally but looks like I’ll need to raise a support ticket.

Userlevel 4
Badge +12

Sometimes CSV dont work but i download in XLS format and it opens perfectly. you can try downloading excel over csv.

Badge +2

Just tried, but sadly only CSV or TSV are the only options from the exporting details from directory - and then from dashboard it’s PDF and CSV etc… 

Leave a Reply