Is there an alternative way to add an additional line to a line chart? | XM Community
Solved

Is there an alternative way to add an additional line to a line chart?

Userlevel 4
Badge +6

Hello!

I would like to add an additional line comparing one team to another team within a line chart widget. According to the articles I have found under the help section of XM Discover, it does not seem like this is possible; however, I am wondering if any of you have found a way to do this?

Pic attached for visual reference:

icon

Best answer by SaurabhPujare_Ugam 3 August 2023, 06:53

View original

10 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +32

Hi Lauren,
unfortunately I can’t see any pic attached.

Userlevel 4
Badge +6

Oh shucks, it must have not posted with my post. Thank you for letting me know. Attached is the image of my line chart. I would like to be able to add to lines to it comparing one team to another as we are attempting a pilot program + I would like to show the results on 1 line widget, rather than needing to have 2 line charts on the dashboard. 

Userlevel 4
Badge +6

Good news, I figured out how to do this in the settings of the line chart + by creating a new metric!

I would delete my post to not take up space on the community board; however, I cannot figure out how to do that (sorry, newbie to the community here + that option does not populate anywhere I would expect it to😊)

Userlevel 6
Badge +18

Hey @Lauren_Graftaas,

I think I’m late to the party, but just to add to your solutions (and FYI!), you can also add a reference line which can acts as a benchmark or comparison metric to check against all your lines.

More details here:- https://www.qualtrics.com/support/vocalize/widgets/chart-widgets/simple-chart-widget/?parent=p00734#GoalLines

Userlevel 4
Badge +6

Hey @Lauren_Graftaas,

I think I’m late to the party, but just to add to your solutions (and FYI!), you can also add a reference line which can acts as a benchmark or comparison metric to check against all your lines.

More details here:- https://www.qualtrics.com/support/vocalize/widgets/chart-widgets/simple-chart-widget/?parent=p00734#GoalLines

Thank you for sharing that with me! I have been using it as an event line to showcase the point in time we have made business changes; however, have not used it in that way so I will look into that.

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

Good news, I figured out how to do this in the settings of the line chart + by creating a new metric!

I would delete my post to not take up space on the community board; however, I cannot figure out how to do that (sorry, newbie to the community here + that option does not populate anywhere I would expect it to😊)

Hi @Lauren_Graftaas, if you’d like to delete your posts in the future please let me know and I can delete them for you! 
For this post, I suggest we keep it up since @SaurabhPujare_Ugam provided a potential solution regarding a reference line. 🙂

Userlevel 6
Badge +23

@Lauren_Graftaas I like your example of using the trend line as marketing the point of a business change.  I have no seen it used like that before, do you mind sharing how you did that?  Assuming your line about IVR message was done in Qualtrics.  I’ve only ever been able to use it across Y axis, not the X axis.  

Userlevel 4
Badge +6

@ScottG- Attached is a picture example of how I utilized the event lines to showcase a business change. It is especially nice when attempting to showcase any action made + I really like that you can add multiple events within one line widget. (One note with this- if they are within the same week time period the lines show on top of each other so it is a bit harder to see)

I also attached a screenshot of where I add the event to the line chart (it is within the settings of the line chart widget next to the legend button)

Let me know if you have any additional questions! 

Userlevel 6
Badge +23

@Lauren_Graftaas Thanks so much for the extra details.  Sadly for me, it turns out we don’t have that feature enabled on our account (been told it’s only for those who subscribe to XM Discover), so I’ve taken it to our account manger to see what else can be done as not familiar with that module.  On it’s own likely not enough justification to add it, but will see what else we are missing as well.

Userlevel 4
Badge +6

@Lauren_Graftaas Thanks so much for the extra details.  Sadly for me, it turns out we don’t have that feature enabled on our account (been told it’s only for those who subscribe to XM Discover), so I’ve taken it to our account manger to see what else can be done as not familiar with that module.  On it’s own likely not enough justification to add it, but will see what else we are missing as well.

Of course, I am always happy to answer Qs when I can! 😀I am sorry to hear you do not have the ability to do this. I hope your account manager helps find a solution that is helpful to you!

Leave a Reply