Stuck on 'Please enable editing and configure widget' | XM Community
Solved

Stuck on 'Please enable editing and configure widget'

• 23 May 2022
  • 4 replies

In my survey I have multiple questions that require a number as input. When looking at the survey answer results, the questions that require a number input have the following text: 'Please enable editing and configure widget'. I have no clue what is meant with this.
This page (https://community.qualtrics.com/XMcommunity/discussion/17689/how-do-i-acitvate-a-widget-with-text-iq) has the same problem, but I do not understand the instructions that are given to solve it. I do not know where to find dashboard settings - text as the solution states. Could anyone please instruct me on how I solve this so that I can see the answers to the question in the results?

icon

Best answer by AmaraW 24 May 2022, 03:20

View original

4 replies

Badge +48

Hi Momok! If you haven’t already, we’d recommend reaching out to our Support team, as they are best equipped to handle an issue like this 😁

Badge

If possible, I would love to know the solution. I have the same trouble.

Badge +2

I have the same problem.
Why is there an obscure error message given with no guidance on what to do?
Why would each individual who has this problem be directed to contact support rather than posting a solution that makes things quicker for us, and reduces the burden on support. Even if there isn't a universal solution it would help to know that.

Userlevel 1
Badge +4

I just had this same issue and wanted to provide the answer on how to proceed. When you switch the chart type, the metrics will disappear and you will get the error message to enable editing and configure the widget. In order to fix it, you will need to re-add the metrics. I've included the screen shots below. Just populate the fields with the metrics you want to use.

image.png

Leave a Reply