360 Surveys | XM Community
Solved

360 Surveys

• 4 September 2023
  • 2 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +4

Hi XM community folks, in EX 360 surveys, I wanted to have your views on one of the use case -

As we all know, that 360 assessments can be taken any number of times by the evaluators as long as the survey is open. This is the intended Qualtrics functionality for 360 product so that evaluators can make edits in assessments in case they want to. While I understand this is a very good functionality so that one can make amends to the evaluations when surveys are live, one of my client raised a concern stating that what if my subject scolds me the next day and then I go into the assessment and edit the assessment taking into consideration that he shouted at me. So as an evaluator for that subject, now I take it personally and I edit my response preferably changing my survey positive responses to negative for that particular subject. So shouldn’t in this case, we should have a feature in 360 where we have a choice to allow respondents to amend their already submitted responses or to not allow them to do so? Any thoughts on this? Open to discussion!

icon

Best answer by ElieD 5 September 2023, 19:16

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +14

In most instances, I personally do not want users to be able to change their responses after submission because I feel like the first response will typically be the most honest. For example, if I later realized that the survey links were identifiable and not anonymous, I’d probably go back later and change my answers to more favorable choices for an EX survey. 

Userlevel 6
Badge +37

Hi @adityadave1810,

Imagine the same situation with a twist :

What if my subject scolds me the day before the assessment and then I fill the assessment taking into consideration that he shouted at me. So as an evaluator for that subject, now I take it personally and I give survey negative responses for that particular subject.

I think the concern is totally relevant but it is not especially related to the functionality.

In any 360 evaluation, evaluators should be briefed to base their assessment on the full last year (or 6 month or whatever) and not on a recent interaction solely.

Leave a Reply