Metadata update with current metadata in lifecycle projects | XM Community
Question

Metadata update with current metadata in lifecycle projects

• 21 June 2023
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge +2

can we edit the existing metadata values in data analysis tab for lifecycle values, need to edit it for multiple responses, 

3 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +16

Hello @vnall!

I understand it’s not possible to do this on a lifecycle project. You could add new metadata or delete a metadata that you don’t need anymore with this option: https://www.qualtrics.com/support/employee-experience/creating-ee-project/participants-tab/participants-ee/participants-tools-ee/#UpdateDataAndAnalysisMetadata

But it says that you can’t update a participant’s metadata after the response is recorded. 

This is because the lifecycle projects are supposed to have some sort of transactional behavior. So if you keep updating the metadata for some participants and they take the survey several times (let’s say a training survey or something) you wouldn’t be able to keep track of the characteristics of each employee during the time in that project. 

Best option is to update them manually. Sorry!

Hope this helps :) 

Userlevel 1
Badge +2

Thanks for your response. 

I have around 11k responses for which I have to update metadata values for almost 14 columns. Is there a work around to update them using any alternative 

Userlevel 4
Badge +16

hi @vnall 

If this is a one-time survey you could wait for your survey to close and then duplicate the project and upload all your responses with those fields created as embedded data fields into that new project. 

Otherwise, I don’t see lots of options. Did you already tried contacting Qualtrics Support?

Leave a Reply