✏️ Reusable Choices | Getting Started Mondays | January 23rd 2023 | XM Community

✏️ Reusable Choices | Getting Started Mondays | January 23rd 2023

• 23 January 2023
  • 3 replies
✏️ Reusable Choices | Getting Started Mondays | January 23rd 2023
Userlevel 7
Badge +20
  • Former XM Community Team Member
  • 451 replies

What is Getting Started Mondays?

Every Monday we will highlight a Core XM feature, and the post will include a description of the chosen topic, a support page, and related community content. The goal of this weekly series is to help users find support pages or community posts that relate to the topic. Remember to always contact Qualtrics Support for product-related issues or urgent questions.

Getting Started Mondays | January 23rd 2023

Topic: Reusable Choices

When creating a survey with similar answer choices, duplicating the question or copying and pasting the choices can quickly become inefficient and redundant. Reusable choices allow you to save a list of choices in your survey that you can reuse in more than one question. Through this functionality, you can make changes to the Reusable Choices that will be applied wherever the Reusable Choices exist in your survey project. Also, this feature allows you to import, manually create, format, recode, and/or hide these choices.

Where to find this feature:

1. Navigate to the Survey tab and click Tools.
  2. Select Manage reusable choices.

Support Page Links: Reusable Choices

Community Post Links: Adjusting Scale Points Number and Label

Question of the Day: Have you copied and pasted your answer choices before? Have you ever used reusable choices?

3 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +19

Yes, I copied and pasted the answer choices, and I typically use the techniques listed below:
-I copied them into the option box directly.
-I press the Number of statements (Edit Multiple) pop - up window and simply copy and paste my data there.
Screenshot 2023-01-24 022855.pngScreenshot 2023-01-24 022935.pngScreenshot 2023-01-24 022959.png
"Reusable Choice" feature becomes a blessing for me in extensive surveys where I run into scenarios where I have to repeat myself since it saves so much time, especially in surveys with a long list of brands.

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

https://community.qualtrics.com/XMcommunity/discussion/comment/54417#Comment_54417I'm glad reusable choices are able to save you some time on these extensive surveys! 😁

Userlevel 4
Badge +23

Thanks for posting this. Haven't used this feature often, but when it's relevant it is super convenient. Will have to keep it top of mind!

Leave a Reply