Decrypt files before importing using PGP option not available in workflow | XM Community
Question

Decrypt files before importing using PGP option not available in workflow

• 17 April 2024
  • 2 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +2

I am configuring workflow ‘Extract data from Amazon S3’ by placing encrypted file in S3 bucket. But in workflow i don’t see option of Decrypt files before importing using PGP . This option is available in Response import automation but not in workflow.

Any pointers how can i decrypt files while extracting from S3 bucket through workflow? 

2 replies

Badge

Hi Vishal, in the task “Extract data from Amazon S3” there is a checkbox “Use PGP to encrypt your files”. If you check that option, the task will automatically decrypt the imported file, either with a previously used PGP key or with the PGP key that the same task allows you to download. I hope I've helped. All the best!

Userlevel 2
Badge +2

Thank you for your reply, I tried with this approach initially and my workflow was executing successfully however data was not imported into survey. My take is I don’t see file type option as PGP in the drop down and that might be the reason data is not processed. 

Still my workflow is executing successfully but data is not imported into survey.

Leave a Reply