Get Account ID from Salesforce using an anonymous link | XM Community

Get Account ID from Salesforce using an anonymous link

• 14 September 2021
  • 3 replies

Badge +1

Hi everyone. I'm trying to figure out how to get an Account ID from Salesforce into Qualtrics. Basically, I've set up some surveys where people select their account (e.g., school name) from a dropdown list. What I then need is to be able to do is pull the Salesforce Account ID for the school selected, ideally into embedded data. The problem is that due to the nature of the survey, it is not possible to set up a personal link. All respondents will be accessing the survey through an anonymous link.
I've found the help page here, but this assumes that everything started with a Salesforce email trigger, which is not helpful for me. https://www.qualtrics.com/support/integrations/salesforce-integration/salesforce-integration-overview/#CommonUseCases
I know SQL well enough that I could, in theory, pull this info into embedded data using SQL (assuming I can set up an SQL database from my Salesforce account), but I haven't been able to find any info on whether or not it is possible to connect Qualtrics/embedded data to an SQL database.
The ultimate goal is to be able to use the Account ID within the Salesforce response mapping, but a simple "lookup" doesn't seem to be possible within response mapping.
Any help would be greatly appreciated!

3 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +20

Hi jackorg,
Wondering if you ever got a solution to this?
I know this response is likely coming way too late for your needs, but depending on what you're trying to do with the Account ID, have you considered doing the heavy lifting directly within Salesforce? If you're storing the survey response data in a record within Salesforce, you could push the school name into that record via Response Mapping and then use a Salesforce Flow to identify the relevant Account ID and make the connection within Salesforce.
As an example, we use a similar mechanism (i.e. Flow) to make the connection between a survey response (stored as a record in Salesforce) with a Case record that we are creating via Response Mapping.
Cheers,
Cameron

Badge +1

Hi CamM,
We ended up needing to hire an external consultant to set up some webservices to connect to SF and do the pull that way. Part of the problem, as well, is that we didn't just need to pull Account IDs. I also needed to pull Contact IDs based on multiple fields (first name AND last name AND birthday... we work with students who tend to have multiple emails we've found this multiple field solution to be more reliable). Anyway, the SQL is essentially embedded in the web services that I do not have enough knowledge on to detail, unfortunately.
Thanks for the response though! I'll have to keep this in mind for the future if we ever need it.

Userlevel 5
Badge +20

Hi jackorg,
Thanks for the reply and glad to hear you got a solution in the end 🙂
Cheers,
Cameron

Leave a Reply