Upcoming Deprecation of New Survey Triggers [Q1 2021] | XM Community

Upcoming Deprecation of New Survey Triggers [Q1 2021]

Show first post

33 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +13

Thanks for the tag uhrxx005! An official deprecation date has not yet been established, but additional client communications are set to make way this quarter.

Userlevel 5
Badge +2

At this time, we do not have an impending date for the deprecation of triggers; triggers will not be deprecated in the near future. We will update you as soon as we have additional information and an updated timeline from our product team!
uhrxx005 - to provide a little more information on your inquiry. Thank you so much for the patience!

I just found out about the planned deprecation of triggers, which will cause huge problems to a great number of procedures set up for our programs. This extremely worries me. Qualtrics really should maintain existing triggers. If deprecation is inevitable, sufficient time should be given for migration while ensuring the full compatibility of features. It is a relief to hear "triggers will not be deprecated in the near future." However, more details would be greatly appreciated about the plan.

Userlevel 5
Badge +23

I moved all my triggers to the Actions / Tasks but some are not updating the contacts within the directory. Has this not been fixed yet?

Userlevel 3
Badge +4

Hi,
I am finding I cannot set triggers within the Actions area unless a response is submitted. It would be nice if the action trigger email could be setup to send upon just an answer given to a question and clicking on "Next" instead of just on survey submittals

Badge +1

I just spent the last 24 hours moving my conditional emails to workflow from triggered emails. Even though I deleted my triggers, they are still "active" so I am getting double emails. In addition, the logic options in workflow are not intuitive. For a new survey response I am getting all my workflow emails even though they do not meet the conditions. I am at risk of being able to launch a new survey tomorrow if I can't figure this out. Help! Please!

Badge +48

Hi CANATSU! Hmmm, this sounds like it may not be intended functionality. If you have not yet already, we’d recommend reaching out to our Support team, as they are best equipped to handle an issue like this! 😁

Userlevel 3
Badge +4

https://community.qualtrics.com/XMcommunity/discussion/comment/42615#Comment_42615Are you taking new survey links or using the existing survey links in your tests? I think this may be happening to you if you are using the same surveys links that were already open...
Also, when setting up the triggers in workflow, there is a little option at the top for either having "All" or "Any" of the conditions be met...this could be a reason why you are getting all your workflow conditions to trigger.

Leave a Reply