2 part survey split over time? Or Using Answers from 1 survey to create another survey | XM Community
Question

2 part survey split over time? Or Using Answers from 1 survey to create another survey

• 26 April 2021
  • 3 replies

If I have what is effectively a two part survey that I want to ask - I want to ask a customer 5 things that will matter most to them about working with me on a project - at the start of the project.
Then at the end of the project I want to ask the same customer - here are the 5 things you said that mattered most to you about working with me on this project... how satisfied are you with how I did on each of the 5 things?
I suspect I would probably need to use Salesforce, or maybe even export and import the answers - but is this there an easy way to do this just within Qualtrics somehow? Can you time delay a survey going out? Can you split a survey into parts?
Anyone tried to do this and have any advice? Thanks in advance for any thoughts you might be able to share.
Andy

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +21

Depends a lot of how you'll be generating the links. If you're using anonymous links, its a little complicated. You'll need to set up and authenticator etc. But you won't need salesforce and all.
If you are using personal links, then after the first survey, update their directory info the include these five things. Then in second survey, use the five things for display logic conditions.

Hi Ahmed,
cheers for the input - much appreciated.
I sort of found my way to this article https://www.qualtrics.com/support/survey-platform/common-use-cases-rc/pulling-data-into-a-second-survey-longitudinal-surveys/ which does as you say re authenticators etc.
I am testing it with anonymous links so I don't need to get a whole salesforce thing going on :-)
I have managed to follow the instructions in the link, but when I click on the auto generated link which I have modified to include the Login ID made from a 5 digit random number generator, it fails, saying that ID is invalid.. Somewhere or other I've not got something right... but can't see it at the mo.
Any thoughts where the easies overlooked error might be?

Userlevel 7
Badge +21

You'll need to create an action to update the login ID for the XM directory.

Leave a Reply