Adding "submit" button in End of Survey block | XM Community
Solved

Adding "submit" button in End of Survey block

• 27 March 2024
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge +4

Hello, I’d like to enable survey participants to confirm that all the answers are correct before submitting the survey response. In order to do that, I customized the End of Survey block and turned on “Show Response Summary before completing the survey” option. Then ideally the last button is displayed as “Submit” but I have no idea how to change the text from “next” to “submit” or “confirm”.

Does anyone know how to change the button text in End Of Survey block?

icon

Best answer by MihoSato 28 March 2024, 00:42

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +26

Hi @MihoSato1 If you click on your block in survey editor, you’ll see the below menu on the left-hand side where you can click on the highlighted option and edit the text you want to show in your survey navigation buttons.

Just make sure you don’t click on the question container otherwise this menu won’t appear :) 

https://www.qualtrics.com/support/survey-platform/common-use-cases-rc/survey-tips-tricks/#Submit 

Userlevel 1
Badge +4

Hi ooolomod,

Thanks a lot for your response. However it was not really what I was looking for. As mentioned, I’ve customized the “End Of Survey block” in survey flow tab (not in survey builder), then turned on “Show Response Summary before completing the survey” option.

By doing this, “next” button is displayed at the bottom of the response summary screen to complete and submit the survey response. I have no idea how to change the text of this button from “Next” to “Submit”.

Do you happen to know how to edit the text? I would very much appreciate your advice!

Userlevel 1
Badge +4

Hello again,

I have solved the issue in a soft of tricky way. It was just like this:

1. Go to “Look and Feel” menu > General, then set “Submit” as the Next Button Text.
  2. Back to “Survey Builder” menu
  3. Click the three dots at the upper left corner of every block. Then on the left hand side of the screen click “Next/Previous button text” and enter the text “Next” for Next Button Text.

Then, the Next Button Text I have set in Look and Feel menu (Submit) only applies to the End Of Survey Block 😀

Leave a Reply