Anonymized raffle- Unfortunately, you are not authorized | XM Community
Solved

Anonymized raffle- Unfortunately, you are not authorized

• 30 January 2022
  • 12 replies

Badge

Hi Qualtrics brains trust
I have set up an anonymized raffle as per the instructions on the Q site, and have linked my main survey to my draw details survey fine, except I keep getting the following error message:
"Thank you for your interest in this survey. Unfortunately, you are not authorized to access this survey."
Both surveys are published and live,(I thought that might be the problem.) I also tested the link from my main survey to another generic URL and the link is fine, but for some reason I have a security block happening when I try to link to the draw survey. Is it something in my security settings maybe?

Many thanks😉

icon

Best answer by desiree_44 30 January 2022, 15:36

View original

12 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge +4

Hi!
In that case, I would recommend contacting support.
You can contact support by going to https://support.qualtrics.com and clicking on contact support.

Badge

شركه سيف الماليه نصبت عليه

Userlevel 1
Badge +4

Hi!
I saw you send an image, but I don't understand what you were trying to say.

Badge

Thanks I will check in with support

Userlevel 1
Badge +4

Ok.
If this solvesyr issue, you can click the resolve button.

Badge

HI desiree_44
The issue is not resolved yet.
I have logged a job but I still havent heard anything from anyone. So still having the same problem. My Main survey link to the anonymised raffle (Draw Entry survey) survey where I will be gathering email details for entrants is not working. When a user decides to enter the draw after completing the survey, they select the YES button to enter the draw, which then redirects them to the anonymised raffle , however instead of showing the page that allows them to enter their details to enter the draw, they get shown the error message "Thank you for your interest in this survey. Unfortunately, you are not authorized to access this survey." So there is some kind of validation going on that is preventing users who should be allowed to enter the draw from entering. That's what I am unclear about and need help resolving. Im not sure if its a setting in the main survey, the draw entry survey or a global setting at the administrator level. Hopefully that makes more sense ?

Badge

Hi,
This could be happening because
You have a setting turned on in the security settings "Add a referral website URL"
What this does is it will only allow people to take the survey if they click on a link mentioned on that website.
Hope this helps.

Badge

Hi Satish31- Yes this is set to on and has a link to the raffle survey. This is on as per the instructions in the Qualtrics guide to setting up an anonymised raffle, so I'm assuming that is supposed to be on?
Ill try turning itoff to see what happens.

Badge

Just tried to turn that off and the YES response just goes to the end of the survey- it doen't get redirected to the draw entry site unfortunately.

Badge

Having similar issue. If I have the referral URL in the security settings of the raffle survey, it gives the "not authorized" error. If I turn off referral URLs, it works, but obviously is not at all secure (raffle survey link could be shared). Any progress with your issue?

Badge

I had this issue and contacted Qualtrics support. The problem was that I was taking the survey in preview mode. If you paste the main survey link in your browser and try from there, it will connect to the raffle survey without issue (at least it did for me!).

Badge

The issue was resolved by Qualtrics support in the end- not sure what they did but they fixed it for me.

Leave a Reply