Auto upload large number of choices? | XM Community
Solved

Auto upload large number of choices?

• 23 May 2023
  • 5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +61

Good afternoon from a cloudy Sweden!

I have to create a “survey” where I use a Multiple Choice question and a dropdown where a user needs to select a specific value, in this case “Data Source”. I have all the values in an excel file, the problem is that there are 148 values. 

Is there any way I can mass-insert them into the dropdown, or will I have to sit and copy/paste the values into each of the options? 

Thanks in advance

-Mattias

icon

Best answer by bstrahin 23 May 2023, 16:15

View original

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +38

@MattiasM under the multiple choice question Choices menu there should be blue text that says “Edit multiple”. You can click on that can copy and paste your values (make sure to select all of your rows in Excel for your copy and then the paste should bring over all 148 at once - I’d check the last value and recode options to be sure that none get cut off, I’m not sure if there are response option limits).

Userlevel 7
Badge +61

@MattiasM under the multiple choice question Choices menu there should be blue text that says “Edit multiple”. You can click on that can copy and paste your values.

Thanks for this, but that does not come up for me when I try and replicate it. The blue section does not come up. 

But good to investigate further, thanks! 

All the best

-Mattias 

Userlevel 7
Badge +38

@MattiasM perhaps you want to try to start a new project. Add in a multiple choice question and see if the functionality appears for you there. If it does, you could always import the question from your “dummy” project to your real project and save some time.

Or maybe some of these old links will have the answer for you:

https://community.qualtrics.com/survey-platform-before-march-2021-56/trying-to-edit-a-list-of-drop-down-values-edit-multiple-selections-has-disappeared-1427#:~:text=Best%20answer%20by%20Anonymous&text=Export%20the%20survey%20from%20tools,edit%20multiple%20option%20will%20appear

Userlevel 7
Badge +61

@MattiasM perhaps you want to try to start a new project. Add in a multiple choice question and see if the functionality appears for you there. If it does, you could always import the question from your “dummy” project to your real project and save some time.

Or maybe some of these old links will have the answer for you:

https://community.qualtrics.com/survey-platform-before-march-2021-56/trying-to-edit-a-list-of-drop-down-values-edit-multiple-selections-has-disappeared-1427#:~:text=Best%20answer%20by%20Anonymous&text=Export%20the%20survey%20from%20tools,edit%20multiple%20option%20will%20appear

I just tried it again. And just standing in the first option and do a paste of several rows I had copied, actually populated the four first. So it works that way as well. If I had only tried that first I wouldn't have had to bother you. :) But huge thanks for the help! 

Userlevel 7
Badge +38

@MattiasM you are never a bother and happy to hear it is working for you. Although frustrating that the edit multiple option seems to disappear.

Leave a Reply