Can having 500+ questions in a survey affect the survey experience for the respondent? | XM Community
Skip to main content

Hello,

I have a multi country (about 100 countries) survey where 80% of the questionnaire is global and same across all countries and 20% of the questionnaire is localized and differs for each country. The global questions are about 20 to 30 and local questions add up to 500 (though, only a maximum of 5 will be shown to one country). 

I plan to have 1 block for each country with their local questions and the blocks are shown based on the country embedded variable.

Even though there are more than 500 questions, only ~30 questions will be shown at a time (global questions + only 1 block with a maximum of 5 questions). 

I’m wondering if this will affect the survey performance. If the country in question is defined in the 100th block, does Qualtrics take a lot of time to execute the display logic and go from the 1st block to 100th block?

This will not create any latency for respondents while moving between blocks with n number of blocks in between.

I agree that it shouldn’t create any problems, but I would definitely suggest doing plenty of testing ahead of time to make sure that all the display logic is working according to plan.

I agree that it shouldn’t create any problems, but I would definitely suggest doing plenty of testing ahead of time to make sure that all the display logic is working according to plan.

I have tested this by adding 100 false logic between two blocks. Also you can use generate test response feature to do quick testing.

I currently have a survey with over 250 active questions and I haven’t noticed any latency anywhere in the process.

Leave a Reply