Did we lose our surveys? | XM Community
Skip to main content

Hi,

We were running out of accesses within the company I work at, but needed an access for a new person. Therefore, a person who previously was using Qualtrics shared her surveys for me and the idea was that I will then delete her account, create an account for a new one and share the surveys for the new person. Everything was fine until I deleted the account. Now when I tried to open the surveys I was about to share, it says this:

Did we lose our surveys or is there something we can do to save the surveys? 😩

Hello @Jenni T,

When a user's account is deleted, the surveys owned by that user are also deleted, which could be why you're unable to access them.

In the future, before deleting a user's account, it's recommended to transfer the ownership of the surveys to another user. This can be done by the Brand Administrator or by the survey owner themselves. 

Unfortunately, once an account and its surveys are deleted, they cannot be restored. You may need to recreate the surveys in the new user's account. For more  information you can refer the below link:

https://www.qualtrics.com/support/survey-platform/managing-your-account/user-moves/?b_no_inline=1

Let me know if this helps.

Leave a Reply