Help Needed with Custom Questions (Emoji and Numeric Scaled Question) | XM Community
Question

Help Needed with Custom Questions (Emoji and Numeric Scaled Question)

• 21 May 2024
  • 6 replies

Badge +1

Hello, 

I am new to the platform and  need to transfer some surveys over to Qualtrics as soon as possible. I don’t have HMTL and Javascript knowledge. I need to launch some intercept surveys where there’s a 5 point Likert scale which uses emojis and a separate 7-point scale with numbers and labels for 1 and 7 (see examples in the pictures). Could you suggest any solutions?

6 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +12

Hi @Elisabetta_Carli for the emoji scale you can download those emojis and save them in the qualtrics library and use it in the question’s answer choices.

For 7-point scale with numbers and labels for 1 and 7, create a multi choice question with horizontal alignment and add labels using rich content editor.

Consider going through this support page for more info Question & Editing Pane Basics .

Badge +1

Thank you @omkarkewat  

Re: 7-point scale. I tried what you suggested. Is there a way to reduce the gap between my numbers? I need to use that survey for an intercept and that causes the survey modal to be extremely big. Thank you!

Userlevel 5
Badge +12

@Elisabetta_Carli can you share some screenshots about which space you want to reduce

Badge +1

Hi @omkarkewat  These are the spaces highlighted in yellow is what I want to reduce.

I managed to fix it a bit but not adding “very difficult” and “very easy” to 1 and 7 respectively, but I still want it to be more compact

Thank you.

Userlevel 5
Badge +12

Hi @Elisabetta_Carli can you apply the below code in your look and feel > style > custom CSS 

.choice-label{
  margin-right: 0px !important;
  padding-right: 0px !important;
  margin-left: 0px !important;
  padding-left: 0px !important;
}

Badge +1

Hi @omkarkewat - I don’t see a difference. Does that work with specific layouts only? Thank you!

Leave a Reply