How can I see which screener caused an individual to be screened out? | XM Community

How can I see which screener caused an individual to be screened out?

• 31 January 2023
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +4

In the past, the distribution history would report which individuals were screened out AND which screener exited them from the survey. The distribution history now only shows "Survey Screened Out" and does not display the specific screener. It was helpful to know the screeners so I can respond to questions such as "Can I retake the survey?" and "Why can't I finish the survey?" for those who were screened out. Is there another way to display the screener that screened someone out?
As well, it was nice to have this in the distribution history for when I'm summarizing the sample disposition and qualification incidence in a particular study. I know I can get the screener counts in the survey flow but I would prefer to have it appear in the distribution history output.

3 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +12

TerryH
I am not sure if I got your question correctly but to capture screen-out question for every respondent I create a ED feild and capture question number in it before terminating.
image.png

Userlevel 4
Badge +4

dipeshsingh
I should have clarified that I'm using customized end of survey rules that screen-out responses without recording the response so that they don't count against our survey complete limit. Therefore, I can't make an embedded variable because there is not response associated with these screen outs.
image.pngIn the example above, the distribution history used to say "Survey Screened Out: International" but now just says "Survey Screened Out" so I can't see which screener screened them out.

Userlevel 4
Badge +12

TerryH
Okayy, So in this case I am not sure if you can identity screener now through distribution history. However, You can go through data and check individually but it's huge effort consuming task :P

Leave a Reply