How to display multiple blocks | XM Community
Question

How to display multiple blocks

• 31 May 2023
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge +4

I use blocks to:

• Group like-questions that are often conditionally displayed based on a previous questions
  • Copy blocks of re-used questions between surveys
  • Organize questions for my own thought-process

Is there a way to show multiple blocks on the same page (with display logic on the block would be ideal), or a clean way to auto-advance to the next block, omitting the clicking of a next arrow?

Edit with additional details.

In-display logic as a work-around is limiting when you have multiple questions hinged on a single response, as you have to edit the display logic for each individual question.  (If you could bulk-edit display logic, that would be a killer feature). This is how I formally had the survey set up, but it became cumbersome.

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +32

I don't think we can show multiple blocks on one page. But you can use multiple questions in on block and can use in page display logic to show question based on previous question response. 

Auto advance would be better option because if respondent will close the survey after respondimg few questions while using in page display logic. None of the questions data will save. Auto Advance option will save the data of the responded question.

Userlevel 1
Badge +4

Thanks for the reply, and it points out some detail I omitted in the original post.  I’d done some research in the forum on displaying multiple blocks, and most posts were several years old.

This is an internal survey, so I’m not worried about data retention if the survey is closed before completion.

In-display logic is fine, but limiting when you have multiple questions hinged on a single response, as you have to edit the display logic for each individual question.  (If you could bulk-edit display logic, that would be a killer feature). This is how I formally had the survey set up, but it became cumbersome.

Userlevel 7
Badge +32

That's true, you will need to apply inpage dispaly logic on each question. Just to avoid that you can use JS to hide and display set of questions. But you will need to apply custom validation on each individual  question to make these questions required. 

Leave a Reply