Invitation message | XM Community
Skip to main content

As a product feature it would be very helpful to include in the invitation (and reminders) the option to include a option to import footer text. For example our disclaimer changes periodically and when this happens I need to update individual invitations rather than just in one place. In a survey we can add a footer, can we replicate this in the invitation/reminder messages?

Hello KBrady
You can create a hidden text/graphic question (for disclaimer) and pipe that in footer and in the email invite/reminder body message. As soon as you update that question your footer and your email/reminder invite will be updated automatically and you need not do it manually in all places.
Hope this helps!

Just throwing another option out there - in our case, the footer and links within it are different by contact based on several conditions (their location, type of customer, etc.) We import these as embedded data fields into Directory (either via list upload or automations), and have these piped into the message.

Deepak Hi Deepak, This is a good idea! I'm saving this in the main survey library (under my credentials) and then piping into the invite. However when I login as a different user, even though I can see the survey in the library, I can't access it... is this a user setup issue or is this a library limitation?

https://community.qualtrics.com/XMcommunity/discussion/comment/50064#Comment_50064
Hello KBrady ,
No it's not a limitation. You need to create an group or organization library. Post which you will be able to access it from all the user accounts. By default if you save it, it gets stored in your personal library, hence you are not able to view it.
Create a user group first. (User Groups (qualtrics.com))
Then access the group and add all messages/surveys/files/graphics in that library. (Group Library)
Hope this helps!

Deepak I've created the message in the library, however when I attempt to import/link to the message my only options are listed below. I can't use it as an embedded data field as there are multiple languages. Am I missing a feature in my user setup?

image.png

KBrady
You can just pipe the Question text there and it will work (hope you are able to see that in survey question dropdown). You do not need to pipe it as embedded data only. It will work the same.
Hope this helps!

Ahhh Yes I see the question text however when the disclaimer changes this still requires a manual update to all surveys and the various languages, (in our case 28 languages ). And since we run multiple surveys at any given time there is a lot of updating required. It is still an option but I am looking for a single point to update as needed, like the Qualtrics has in the look and feel setup for footers. I really appreciate your help!

KBrady
You can make it a single point of update by including a footer message in all your surveys and creating and translating it from message library. You have to choose Look and Feel message type in your message library and create a message there and just include it in footer of surveys. As and when you update the footer it will auto update in surveys.
Hope this helps!

Deepak Thank you so much for your help!

Deepak Thank you so much for your time and consistent value you're providing the community! 🙂

Leave a Reply