Is it possible to bold subject lines in email distributions? | XM Community
Question

Is it possible to bold subject lines in email distributions?

• 26 April 2024
  • 1 reply

Badge

I’ve read a few articles saying bolding the email subject line may result in higher open rates. I figured out how to format the subject lines using rich text editor (you need to start in email message, format the subject line, and switch the type of email to subject). However, the subject lines don’t come through any different when the email is sent. I tested on Outlook and Gmail. 

Does anyone know if it’s possible for recipients to receive formatted subject lines?  

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +27

I’ve read a few articles saying bolding the email subject line may result in higher open rates. I figured out how to format the subject lines using rich text editor (you need to start in email message, format the subject line, and switch the type of email to subject). However, the subject lines don’t come through any different when the email is sent. I tested on Outlook and Gmail. 

Does anyone know if it’s possible for recipients to receive formatted subject lines?  

Email subjects can’t be formatted. It has nothing to do with Qualtrics. The only way to bold an email subject is to use unicode bold characters. However, using all unicode characters increases the odds of the message being tagged as spam. 

Leave a Reply