Is it possible to have a text field into a multiple choice question? | XM Community
Solved

Is it possible to have a text field into a multiple choice question?

• 27 January 2022
  • 4 replies

Badge +1

Hello guys, just looking for if is possible to have a text field into a multiple choice question avoiding to have questions separated
At the moment i have created this:
image.pngSo, 2 different questions. But is it possible to insert the comments question into the previous question?

icon

Best answer by Linda_charlton 27 January 2022, 12:24

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +13

There is an option to allow text for each choice in the question so you can do it in one question. Just right click on the choice and you will see Allow text entry and you can tell what size the text you will want to have. You can also do this for matrix questions.
right click on the choice options.jpg

Badge

I'm having a hard time creating a report or any type of analysis on this type of question, where I have allowed multiple answers with text entry.

Badge +1

I'm trying to create an "Other, please specify" response option within a matrix in which the respondent can only select one option per row. However, I don't see the "Allow Text Entry" option when I right click on that response and therefore cannot figure out how to create the open-text area. Any ideas?
Screen Shot 2023-01-17 at 4.34.22 PM.png

Userlevel 5
Badge +13

I know that I have added text box in the statement part. Is it possible for you to transpose the choices and statements?

Leave a Reply