Loop and merge: export viewing order | XM Community
Question

Loop and merge: export viewing order

• 25 April 2023
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge +1

I am re-asking a question that was asked here 2 years ago: “I have a loop and merge block with a randomised order. Is there anyway to export the viewing order for each participant?”

In the original thread (link below) there is an answer that is incorrect but is upvoted many times. I don’t see any way of upvoting the request for this feature, so I am posting a new question.

As noted in the replies, it is indeed not a current feature to export the viewing order.  Qualtrics, can you please add this feature?

(FYI,  Export -> More Options, check "Export viewing order data for randomized surveys" does not provide viewing order for Loop & Merge, just for normally randomized items.)

Thank you!

4 replies

Badge +5

Since there is no such current feature, you can use a dummy question before the loop and merge block where you randomize the statement and then use in the loop and merge block  by checking the “loop based on that question” and simply use the randomizing order for that dummy question for now till Qualtrics add’s that feature. Or another option is js.

Hope this helps!

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

You can create an open end question within the loop and merge, you can pipe-text the field name of the loop of merge into it so that for each iteration it will capture the field name and you can use this question to know which field has shown at which order. You will have to hide this dummy question by using JavaScript / jQuery.

Badge

You can create an open end question within the loop and merge, you can pipe-text the field name of the loop of merge into it so that for each iteration it will capture the field name and you can use this question to know which field has shown at which order. You will have to hide this dummy question by using JavaScript / jQuery.

Could you please be more specific? 

Badge +5

Please go through the link to find the order by TomG:

:

Leave a Reply