Mobile survey preview | XM Community
Skip to main content

When doing the XM Basecamp course, the instructions say to preview on mobile using the QR code. I do that but the screen cuts off at the bottom and in one of the attached images, the NEXT button is not accessible. In the attached images show which QR code reader I’m using (which it could be used by anyone with possibly the same results) and 2 screen shots of what the mobile version of the survey looks like. Considering the number of different QR code readers available and that we can’t control which one people use, can the survey be adjusted so that these issues don’t happen?

I don’t believe that there’s an easy way to fix that within Qualtrics, since this would probably be more of an issue with the QR code app that they might be using.

@Malschr I’m afraid not. The survey is displaying fully, that’s all it know and care about.
The problem here is in your QR reader webview, the ads is in front of the view (which happened all the time with free App). 

You don’t need a QR reader App. Just scan the QR code with your normal camera and your survey will be opened with a proper browser like Safari.

Hope this helps

You don’t need a QR reader App. Just scan the QR code with your normal camera and your survey will be opened with a proper browser like Safari.

Thanks, @dxconnamnguyen ! 

@Malschr, this is indeed the solution -- no need for QR code app. Hope this helps! 

When doing the XM Basecamp course, the instructions say to preview on mobile using the QR code. I do that but the screen cuts off at the bottom and in one of the attached images, the NEXT button is not accessible. In the attached images show which QR code reader I’m using (which it could be used by anyone with possibly the same results) and 2 screen shots of what the mobile version of the survey looks like. Considering the number of different QR code readers available and that we can’t control which one people use, can the survey be adjusted so that these issues don’t happen?

@Malschr I’m afraid not. The survey is displaying fully, that’s all it know and care about.
The problem here is in your QR reader webview, the ads is in front of the view (which happened all the time with free App). 

Hope this helps

I figured this might be the case and I intentionally used that app to see how it appeared on the screen. With the possibility of other recipients using similar free QR code reader apps, it would be helpful to have the survey programmed in a way where text/images won’t get cut off. Going forward I’ll adjust my QR code reading method.

I figured this might be the case and I intentionally used that app to see how it appeared on the screen. With the possibility of other recipients using similar free QR code reader apps, it would be helpful to have the survey programmed in a way where text/images won’t get cut off. Going forward I’ll adjust my QR code reading method.

@Malschr I could be wrong, but I don’t think Qualtrics can control where ads are placed on free QR code app readers. That seems like something outside of Qualtrics’ control. Since Qualtrics cannot control where these app companies put their ads, they likely cannot control how their surveys will behave with ads on apps they don’t own. 

All mobile devices can read QR codes with their cameras. There is no need for a free app. You can preview any survey using your camera on your device - ad problem solved! 😀

@Malschr If you afraid that tech-naive people might be struggling to use QR code. You can add some instruction line went distributing this to prevent them from using unnecessary QR reader app and get a bad experience.

Leave a Reply