NPS Group (Reporting) | XM Community
Solved

NPS Group (Reporting)

Userlevel 6
Badge +5

Hi Everyone

Hope you’re well.

I would like to capture NPS Group the same as I can for NPS Number with Piping via a simple workflow trigger.

This will be saved into a respondents profile in XM directory. 

I believe this needs to be done via Survey Flow Branching…

"IsPromoter","IsPassive", and "IsDetractor" to save the NPS Groups to an Embedded Data field.

But I am struggling setting this up and have got into a mess a few times.

If anyone could help with a screen shot that would be ace!

icon

Best answer by tannerfaragher 15 May 2023, 17:33

View original

10 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +27

Try setting it up like this:

Userlevel 5
Badge +22

Hello! I hope you are doing well. I am attaching a screenshot of an example you could leverage to get the NPS Group into Data & Analysis. Please note this will only work if you use the NPS Question. If you are using a multiple choice question instead, you will need to adjust the branch logic to say something like, “if Q1 is between 0 and 6, set NPS Group as Detractor”:

A few things to note. First, once you set up the first option, simply click Duplicate and then it will repeat the Branch and Embedded Data, making it so you only have to adjust the NPS Group and the name in the Embedded Data field!

Second, I would recommend putting the branch logic after the block the NPS question is in. This ensures that the Group is captured as quickly as possible in the survey. For example, if a respondent abandons the survey early, but the branch logic is at the bottom of all blocks in the survey, we could risk having Qualtrics not capture this information. If you only have one block, I would put the NPS in its own block to further reduce the chances of not capturing this vital information.

Lastly, the NPS Question will naturally capture the NPS group in Dashboards, so if you leverage that, the data will be automatically added. However, for your purposes, this will work just fine! 

Userlevel 6
Badge +27

Just to add I believe you have to add the nps group embedded data at the beginning of the survey in amd embeded data block, and you do not assign any value. Then the field is going to be populated according to the branch that corresponds to the response

Userlevel 6
Badge +5

Amazing, thanks :)

Userlevel 5
Badge +22

Just to add I believe you have to add the nps group embedded data at the beginning of the survey in amd embeded data block, and you do not assign any value. Then the field is going to be populated according to the branch that corresponds to the response

Hey Ana, thank you for the callout! This is correct. By having the Embedded Data field at the beginning, combined with the Branch Logic after your NPS, you’ll be able to accomplish the use case you brought up. Thank you!

Userlevel 6
Badge +5

Hello! I hope you are doing well. I am attaching a screenshot of an example you could leverage to get the NPS Group into Data & Analysis. Please note this will only work if you use the NPS Question. If you are using a multiple choice question instead, you will need to adjust the branch logic to say something like, “if Q1 is between 0 and 6, set NPS Group as Detractor”:

A few things to note. First, once you set up the first option, simply click Duplicate and then it will repeat the Branch and Embedded Data, making it so you only have to adjust the NPS Group and the name in the Embedded Data field!

Second, I would recommend putting the branch logic after the block the NPS question is in. This ensures that the Group is captured as quickly as possible in the survey. For example, if a respondent abandons the survey early, but the branch logic is at the bottom of all blocks in the survey, we could risk having Qualtrics not capture this information. If you only have one block, I would put the NPS in its own block to further reduce the chances of not capturing this vital information.

Lastly, the NPS Question will naturally capture the NPS group in Dashboards, so if you leverage that, the data will be automatically added. However, for your purposes, this will work just fine! 

Although I just tested this and worked as expected. Would you advise changing anything?

Userlevel 6
Badge +5

So with these new embedded data fields in a contact could I build out a new NPS dashboard widget as I would have both Group and Score? Or is this not possible and could only build this from a NPS question? 

Userlevel 5
Badge +22

Although I just tested this and worked as expected. Would you advise changing anything?

As long as you set it up as the screenshot shows, along with Ana’s suggestion of adding an Embedded Data field at the top of the survey, that will be good and all responses will include this information going forward!

Userlevel 5
Badge +22

So with these new embedded data fields in a contact could I build out a new NPS dashboard widget as I would have both Group and Score? Or is this not possible and could only build this from a NPS question? 

Yes, you certainly could! Those fields are automatically brought in as metrics in the Dashboard with the NPS question (see screenshot).

However, if you did not use the NPS question, you could still bring in the Embedded Data field you created as a metric in the Dashboard! Then, you can create something such as a Table widget that shows the NPS for each respondent along with their NPS Group! Does this help clarify?

Userlevel 7
Badge +33

Then assign labels to source code and save it.

Then you can use same field into your dashboard.

Please refer my amswer here: https://community.qualtrics.com/cx-dashboards-8/concatenating-fields-in-a-cx-dashboard-23153

Leave a Reply