Passing response ID from qualtrics to third party then back to qualtrics | XM Community
Solved

Passing response ID from qualtrics to third party then back to qualtrics

• 11 August 2021
  • 3 replies

Hello,
I am running a study that starts in Qualtrics, is redirected to a third party, and then returns to a different Qualtrics survey to finish. In order to match responses to the correct participant in all parts of the study, I was wanting to pass the response ID from the first qualtrics survey to the third party and then to a new qualtrics survey. The response ID is passing from the first qualtrics survey to the third party correctly, but when participants are redirected back to qualtrics, a new response ID is created. I tried to pass the response ID from the third party to qualtrics through a query string and capture the response ID from the URL as embedded data, but qualtrics is not letting me do this. Is there a way to pass the original response ID back to qualtrics or should I be trying to pass some other type of unique identifier?
Thanks.

icon

Best answer by ahmedA 11 August 2021, 04:12

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +21

You can't do that. Every response has its own unique response ID. The best you can do is store the response ID from the first survey as an ED and use that during the data analysis stage.

Userlevel 2
Badge +5

how can you store responseID as a ED? 

Badge

Actually, you can just save the ID passed from the third-party platform via URL as another variable in the 2nd survey.

Leave a Reply