Piped Text from question in survey not populating into workflow emails | XM Community
Question

Piped Text from question in survey not populating into workflow emails

• 7 September 2023
  • 10 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +1

I have a survey and I have a email workflow setup with a general message setup that has 5 piped text items into the message. The email goes to about 5 people depending on the type of response. For some reason, one of the piped text items isn’t populating into the email. All of the other ones are. The missing text is saving into the survey results. The workflow is to execute immediately. I’ve ran multiple tests and if I change the “To” and “From”  the email populates correctly. Would changing the workflow to execute on a hour delay possibly fix anything? I’m at a complete loss. 

10 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

@hahall3 What’s your missing field, did you copy paste it or use the little icon {a} at survey toolbar?
I think changing “To” and “From” shouldn’t affect what’s inside the email.

Userlevel 4
Badge +26

Hi @hahall3 

Changing the workflow to execute later or changing “To” and “From” won’t change anything.

I believe it has to do with some typo, double check for it. If not - try pasting screenshot of current setup that isn’t working along with screenshot of excel export header questions to understand exactly which questions are referred and which one isn’t working out of all.

Userlevel 2
Badge +1

@dxconnamnguyen I’m used the {a} icon. 

This key pulled correctly in one of the workflows: 

{        "key": "q://QID25/ChoiceTextEntryValue",        "value": "Damin Green"      },

In other with the same general message, it does not pull it.

Userlevel 2
Badge +1

Hi @hahall3 

Changing the workflow to execute later or changing “To” and “From” won’t change anything.

I believe it has to do with some typo, double check for it. If not - try pasting screenshot of current setup that isn’t working along with screenshot of excel export header questions to understand exactly which questions are referred and which one isn’t working out of all.

I wouldn’t think it would change anything either but when I make a copy of the survey and run a test of it and only change the email addresses, it loads properly. 

Userlevel 6
Badge +14

I would probably try contacting Qualtrics tech support to see if they can help if it’s a glitch in their system.

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

{        "key": "q://QID25/ChoiceTextEntryValue",        "value": "Damin Green"      },

Nope, the pip-text should go like this ${q://QID25/ChoiceTextEntryValue}

Userlevel 4
Badge +26

Apart from what Nam mentioned in his post, may be QID is different in this survey, you may want to verify that. Or Question type could be different?

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

@hahall3 Oh I see what you’re trying to do here

You want to customize the reply-to, right?

How can your pip-text go in to “key value” in JSON? Where exactly did you put it?

Userlevel 2
Badge +1

@hahall3 Oh I see what you’re trying to do here

You want to customize the reply-to, right?

How can your pip-text go in to “key value” in JSON? Where exactly did you put it?

Yes. I have the reply to customized as well. 

The ${q://QID25/ChoiceTextEntryValue} is in the body of the message. I have other piped text in the reply to and they work fine. I’ve contacted Qualtrics support and they have escalated it to their engineering team. 🤞

Userlevel 4
Badge +12

usually piped text work in the email body of workflow; hope Qualtric team find a solution for you.

Leave a Reply