Possible to display and edit summary response before submission? | XM Community

Possible to display and edit summary response before submission?

• 10 March 2022
  • 5 replies

Badge +2

Hi,
I know that at "end of survey," there is an option to display response summary. But, is it possible for survey takers to go back to make changes or edit responses to their surveys, after they have a chance to see their responses? I spent a lot of time, and can't seem to find answers. When the survey displays response summary, it just ends there, and the survey is recorded and completed. But, I would like the responders to have a chance to correct/edit after they see their responses. Please help! Thanks in advance!

5 replies

Badge +30

You can show a summary of their responses before they submit the survey if you use an end of survey element in the survey flow. Just make sure to select Show Response Summary and then select Show Response Summary before completing the survey.

Also please make sure that the back button is enabled such that a user can go back to edit their response.

Badge +2

Aanurag_QC I know how to "show response summary", but that is at the "End of Survey," and no way for the respondents to go back and make changes to their responses.

Userlevel 3
Badge +6

I'm unsure if this is a native part of the product currently (if not, I think a product idea with this would be a great submission), but what I have suggested to others at our brand is to make a custom "response summary" using the piped in feature in a text/graphic type question at the end of the survey. This won't allow for them to change their responses in this same question, but if you have the back button enabled they could use that to go back? Essentially putting something like:
Q1: [piped in A1]
Q2: [piped in A2]
etc.
https://www.qualtrics.com/support/survey-platform/survey-module/editing-questions/piped-text/piped-text-overview/#PipingFromAPreviousQuestion
Another option would be to include the retake response link in a trigger email containing a response summary with instructions to retake that survey and edit any responses to resubmit.
https://www.qualtrics.com/support/survey-platform/data-and-analysis-module/retake-survey-link/#BuildingARetakeLink

Badge +3

Thank you for providing instructions on how to show response summaries!

Badge +3

Hi @YoLe ,

I have the same issue where I need to see response summary before submitting the survey,so they can go and edit the responses. Would you please let me know if you’re able to solve this?

Leave a Reply