Preview link asking for platform login | XM Community

Preview link asking for platform login

• 30 September 2022
  • 15 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +23

Hi,
I have created a survey and wanted to share a preview link to my stakeholder for testing.
On accessing the link, its asking for a login. Is this a known issue?
As earlier, we were able to show preview of the survey to the users irrespective of their platform account.

15 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +36

Chhavi_Ch
It isn't an issue, kindly click on the share preview icon you see on the top of preview screen and set it to public from drop-down and save it. Share Preview
collaborative-preview-11.png
This is a new feature introduced by Qualtrics which is beneficial if you want only people from your brand have access to the link. By default it's set to brand internal only.
Hope this helps!

Userlevel 7
Badge +38

Be sure to click save like Deepak said. I accidentally changed the drop down and then copied the link thinking my setting would autosave and it didn't. Luckily my supervisor tried the link before sending to our colleagues so they weren't locked out from the preview.

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Once you save it for a survey, does it stay saved as Public preview link forever? Or do I need to constantly resave it? Anybody know?
This was an unwelcome change for us that caused some issues until I figured this out, but would love to know if I need to worry about it in the future again. Thanks!

Userlevel 7
Badge +36

InessaG
Once changed it stays until someone changes it again.
Also you cannot control and check who changed it.
Hope this helps!

Userlevel 4
Badge +16

Chhavi_Ch This is a recent feature that has been launched and updates like these get posted on our Weekly Product Release Notes 🙂
Deepak thank you so much for providing a solution with the support page linked as well!

Badge +1

Deepak the "Share Preview" button in the top right of my survey preview is dead (does not let me click on it to adjust the settings - a red circle with a dash through it appears when my mouse hovers over it) meaning I am unable to share the survey preview at all.
Is this a known issue with the new "Share Preview" feature? How can I fix this?

Userlevel 7
Badge +36

JRWood
It seems there is a permission disabled for you. Kindly check with your brand administrator.
If it still persists and you are the owner of survey, raise a ticket to QSupport.
Hope it helps!

Badge +1

@Deepak unfortunately this issue is for one specific survey that I am the owner of. I am able to share all the other surveys that I own.

Userlevel 7
Badge +61

For us, we have Qualtrics under a single sign on via Okta and our users are also asked to log in to Qualtrics when checking a preview link.
What is irritating for me is that every user who just needs to check a preview link and test the survey is automatically set up as a user in Qualtrics. This then means I need to go in and delete all of these new users to not crows up the user-pool.
So I'm not a big fan if this new setup.

Userlevel 7
Badge +36

MattiasM
As mentioned above you can make that link public which will work just as fine. You won't see any new users coming in.

Hope it helps!

Userlevel 7
Badge +61

https://community.qualtrics.com/XMcommunity/discussion/comment/50456#Comment_50456Yes, I am aware. But that puts us back where we were before this new feature. :)

Userlevel 7
Badge +36

MattiasM
Well the new feature is useful if it's all internal use and you won't want to make survey public and get any external response even on preview link.
My perspective here would be to default it to public and if needed change it to brand members only.

Userlevel 7
Badge +38

Deepak is there a way to change the default? The default on my account is internal and we have limited licenses so changing the permissions every time is a hassle.

Userlevel 7
Badge +36

bstrahin
As far as I'm aware that is not a possibility until now. But yes if we include it in feature request and it gets upvotes then there is a possibility that Qualtrics might introduce it.
I just mentioned it as a thought.

Badge +1

https://community.qualtrics.com/XMcommunity/discussion/comment/50449#Comment_50449FYI, the "Share Preview" option only currently works for certain types of surveys. Please see Qualtrics response below:
"Our internal team confirmed that the share preview is not available for customer satisfaction surveys yet.
Engineering is working on getting this deployed. Unfortunately, we don’t have a good estimate of when that will be."

Leave a Reply