Question on how to export data between T and C group | XM Community
Solved

Question on how to export data between T and C group

• 12 June 2023
  • 4 replies

Badge +2

Hello everyone, 

I hope somebody can help me since I find myself to be a bit confused on a matter with Qualtrics. 

For my bachelor thesis, I just sent a survey which already got 40 responses which is constituted by a randomizer which randomly exposed the respondents to either a block or another before starting the questionnaire. This is because I need to have a Treatment and a Control group. 

Now that I am getting the responses, I cannot see who was exposed to which block hence I do not understand which responses belog to participants that were assigned to the C or T group. I am scared I skipped some important step, but now I have no time to change the survey all over and re-send it. Is there anything I can do to fix this? Or am I just missing some kind of setting I can use to view the different responses? P.S. I have to run my analysis on SPSS. 

To follow, here are some screenshots of my case 

The second image shows how in the results section it just skips from the informed consent to the demographic questions, missing out on block 3 and 4 which respectively mean the T and C group. 

Please I would appreciate your help a lot, hopefully with something that would not require me to edit the survey and having to send it all over again. 

icon

Best answer by EmilyErickson 12 June 2023, 20:34

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +33

Refer this link. Hope it helps you.

https://community.qualtrics.com/survey-platform-54/can-i-export-specific-block-s-of-responses-in-a-survey-if-so-how-17958

Userlevel 5
Badge +12

Were block 3 and 4 some kind of forced exposure? Like and image or text and not a question? I see on the block it says question, but I’m guessing it’s not an actual question.

So, create an embedded field and set embedded data dependent on block display that is either test or control. This will be blank for the responses already taken.

Now, to correct your issue on the responses taken.  You’ll be able to view the full responses in the Data & Analysis tab by clicking the 3 dots to the right of each response, and then you see which block they saw. Then you can manually edit the new field you’ve created for those responses and edit that field for each response. This is what a response that was not exposed to a specific image or text looks like, vs. one that was.

Not exposed:

Exposed:

Badge +2

@EmilyErickson Thank you so much it works!! Bless you Emily

Userlevel 5
Badge +12

Happy to help!

Leave a Reply