Quotas - through quota editor or randomiser | XM Community
Skip to main content

Hi there,

Hoping for some advice.

I have a survey where I have set up a quota for gender using the main quota editor (options > quotas), but I have a few questions.

1. I have multiple blocks under a randomiser, if I want equal participants from both genders to move through each block that is randomised, should I be setting my quotas within my randomiser or from the main quota editor (options > quotas), or from both?
  2. Can I turn on quotas in other features (i.e. the randomiser) when my study is already in progress (and quotas are already turned on through quota editor) or should this be avoided?

if you want 50% ratio for each gender. Keep it hard quota and apply quota full conditions just after gender question. Else your will be marked as full after end of survey once quota will be completed.

Example:

Sample size=100

Quota for Male=50

Quota for Female=50

Then in survey flow, after gender question. apply below 2 separate quota full branch logics with end of survey.

1. If gender=male and Gender quota is full, send to end of survey for Quota full
  2. If gender=female and Gender quota is full, send to end of survey for Quota full

Randomizer is different thing. you cannot apply randomizer on demographics target questions. 

Leave a Reply