Session expired, survey marked finished, customer wants to do survey | XM Community
Solved

Session expired, survey marked finished, customer wants to do survey

• 18 September 2023
  • 14 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge +6

I know how to prevent the session expired message, however I have a customer who really wants to complete a survey but cannot because it is marked as finished in the directory. Since this customer has not completed any other surveys, can I delete them from the directory and all lists then add them back in and send a survey? Has any one had any success with this or have any other ideas?

icon

Best answer by TerriD 19 September 2023, 18:03

View original

14 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +14

I have deleted a contact from a list before and added them back in to complete the survey. Didn’t have any issues. 

Userlevel 1
Badge +6

Thanks, removing them from the list didn’t help (I tried it) because the directory still shows the survey response as finished. Need to know if deleting them from the directory will wipe everything out so I can send them an active survey link.

Userlevel 6
Badge +14

Have you tried deleting their original response from the Data and Analysis tab before deleting their contact? If their response is still recorded, I wonder if that is causing the issue.

Userlevel 1
Badge +6

That is the problem because they didn’t actually do the survey there was no data so it was deleted. If it was there I could send a retake link. 

Userlevel 5
Badge +17

@TerriD 

That is the problem because they didn’t actually do the survey there was no data so it was deleted. If it was there I could send a retake link. 

@TerriD without taking the survey, it is strange that in the contact list, is marked as complete. I would suggest after deleting that user from the contact list, try to refresh the survey. It may take time to update it in the background.

Userlevel 1
Badge +6

In the Distribution History it is marked as Session Expired, however, the directory doesn’t look at that level of detail, it is finished or not. So even though the customer didn’t finish it, it is marked as finished in the Directory so customer will not get the scheduled reminder. As stated in other posts about this topic, resending doesn’t help because it is the same link which is expired. I know how to prevent it in the future, but I have an anxious Customer Success Manager that really wants survey feedback from this customer and no apparent way to get them a survey. I don’t want to lose the history (even though they haven’t taken any of the surveys thus far) if it’s not going to work. I do have a support ticket open as well. Was hoping someone else may have experience with this issue. Thanks for the ideas.

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

@TerriD Have you try distribute that survey again for that customer only? That should be the simplest way

Userlevel 1
Badge +6

Yes, it doesn’t work because it is marked as complete in the Directory, generates the same link that is already marked as finished.

Badge +2

Terri - how is the survey normally distributed? Are you using the Contact Import & Survey Distribution automations?

Userlevel 1
Badge +6

Hi Lynn, no automations. I manually upload lists each month, then send personal invitations via email distribution.

Userlevel 6
Badge +14

Have you been able to figure out why it says the survey is complete if it isn’t? I’m wondering if the survey expiration settings closed out the response, which in that case, I would think it would be in the completed responses section of the data & analysis tab.

You could try updating settings to allow multiple responses so that user could take it, and then, change the settings back after they complete it again.

Userlevel 2
Badge +5

Did you try to see if that response is available under Response in Progress tab from Data and Analysis.?

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

Yes, it doesn’t work because it is marked as complete in the Directory, generates the same link that is already marked as finished.

No, you create another distribution for that respondent only. Not making the same link

Userlevel 1
Badge +6

Heard back from support, super easy solution. Had me update the survey to prevent security scanning from ‘starting’ the survey. Then created a new list with the session expired users and added it to the ignore frequency rules rule and resent! Thanks for all the ideas.

Leave a Reply