Survey flow branch if .... and then terminate survey | XM Community
Skip to main content

Hey everyone. I'm trying to create a screening survey for usability testing. If a person doesn't match the requirements, I want to take them to custom 'end of survey' message as a "sorry you don't match" so I want this message to be different to the people who do match the requirements.
I know I can do this through skip logic or survey flow. I tried this once with survey flow and skip logic combined and it worked. But this was a simpler survey, and the way how I did then, isn't working this second time around. I'm wondering if I'm doing something wrong and if the first time I tried this was a fluke? ha.
Hope someone can help. 🙂 Thanks

Hi Amy_boz ,
Can you share a screen shot of you Skip Logic and/or Survey Flow? That might make it easier for the Community members to help.

Hi Matthew,
Ofc. This is the survey flow - this is exactly as it is described in the guide here: https://www.qualtrics.com/support/survey-platform/survey-module/survey-flow/survey-flow-overview/
I wonder if there's actually a technical glitch at the moment?
Screenshot 2021-03-12 at 09.54.26.png

I'm assuming that the two "if ... No" branching questions are the screen-outs, and they both reside in the Default Question Block. Is the problem simply that respondents select No, but are not being screened out and are allowed to continue with the rest of the survey?

That is exactly it, yea. It just continues to the next question.
But because I want this to be a custom end of survey message, I can't actually do skip logic in the survey builder, because I want that to be the "great we'll be in touch" style end of survey message.

The last time I did this, I used the skip logic if someone said "no" and set up the end survey message as the "no" message. I then used a custom message via survey flow with a different ending for those who successfully met the criteria. I could try doing it this way around for this survey, but there are's a multiple choice question at the end and i think trying to set up this logic in survey flow would be far too complicated.

Are there questions in the default block that appear after the screen out questions, or are the screen outs the last questions in the default block?

Leave a Reply