Thurs Apr 18 almost all domain emails flagged Qualtrics as spam | XM Community
Solved

Thurs Apr 18 almost all domain emails flagged Qualtrics as spam

• 29 April 2024
  • 2 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge +8

Hello, has this happened to anyone else?

Background: We have workflows set up that have worked for years emailing to different addresses with our domain, both user addresses (e.g susan@ourschool.edu) and distribution addresses (e.g. it@ourschool.edu).

Problem: On Thur Apr 18th, all distribution addresses stopped working - we’ll test and upon survey submission, emails will successfully be delivered to susan@ourschool.edu but not it@ourschool.edu. I talked with Qualtrics support & they can check individual addresses like it@ourschool.edu , and for each they’ve said that Qualtrics has flagged the addresses for being marked as spam too much, so we have to one by one ask Qualtrics to unflag the address and then it works again.

Question: Nothing has changed on our end. Qualtrics says nothing has changed on their end. We have all the allow list addresses, etc, in the firewall. But for some reason, suddenly we are setting emails from noreply@qemailserver.com as a high spam score even though its on our anti-spam list. Has something similar happened to anyone and do you know why?

icon

Best answer by MatthewM 29 April 2024, 21:57

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +8

Hi @riceball,

I haven't heard of this exact scenario happening to us, issues with emails being flagged as spam. It's also possible that the domain or IP address associated has been blacklisted by certain spam filtering services or you can contact with IT team or email service provider to troubleshoot and resolve the issue.

Thank you!

Userlevel 7
Badge +30

That sounds similar to what happened in my organization. As I understand it, my organization’s 3rd party anti-spam protection and Qualtrics do not communicate very well, so staff who were on the receiving end of a high volume of Qualtrics workflows or who were Qualtrics users and sent themselves many test email invitations in a short period of time would have their email flagged. This happened even though our IT unit did everything they could to whitelist the Qualtrics email servers.

In the end, neither side could completely guarantee a resolution to the issue, though it seems to be less of a problem in the last couple of years (fingers crossed!). I did move my alerts to a burner recipient email for my highest volume workflows, though, so I don’t know if it might still be an issue.

Leave a Reply