Aggregate (sum) the results of a survey outcome | XM Community
Skip to main content

Is there a functionality in Qualtrics to automatically sum up the outcome of survey numbers for each question?
So, here is case, I have about 25 people with the same question (where answer is number).
I am hoping that on the csv file we get, it will have a sum up total (add) in one cell or possibly way to see the total number (instead of using Excel to do the calculation).
Thanks.

Yes there is one feature in Data & Analysis, you can create new field and add a formula based calculation. For more details, go through the below link,
https://www.qualtrics.com/support/survey-platform/data-and-analysis-module/data/add-new-fields/formula-variable-creation/

Thanks for your guide.
I think this is definitely a good start.
What I am trying to do is aggregate the outcome from same question and display the sum in one cell.
For example, I would like to display 20 in one cell.
Aggregate.pngI am not sure which option would work?
I don't think Formula nor Combine would work because it requires two separate fields.
Then, are we using Bucketing?
Variable.png

I see now what you are trying to do is, let's not go with the above approach then because none of them would work. You are trying to sum the response of question by survey takers. You will have to work with excel formula, in the script it is very difficult to achieve this.

Leave a Reply