Best Practice-New/change to test question | XM Community
Solved

Best Practice-New/change to test question

• 12 August 2019
  • 1 reply

Userlevel 2
Badge +8
Hi all! We use Qualtrics to administer tests to associates. The results are displayed using dashboards. What's the best practice when:

1. A test question has changed completely?
* Do you delete the old question (and associate data) and add the new question and update the dashboard widgets?
* This will make the scoring on old tests/dashboard widgets incorrect as those users answered one less question.
* Keep the old question but add the new question (which it tells me is now changed and not mapped correctly)?
2. A test question stem (question) or options (responses) have changed?
* Do you update the old responses manually to be the new responses if they got the question correct on the old wording?
* Do you delete the old question (and associate data) and add the new variation of the question?
* This will make the scoring on old tests/dashboard widgets incorrect.

What is the best practice that you follow? Are there qualtrics job aids / help guides for what to do when this occurs? If so, can someone point me to them? I haven't located anything.

I appreciate any guidance. Thanks!
icon

Best answer by ana_velez 12 August 2019, 21:03

View original

1 reply

Userlevel 6
Badge +27
Hi!!

For both cases we hide the old question with a display logic that is never met. For example embedded data hide is equal to 12/08/19 (the date we made the change, just to have a consistent record) Then we put new widgets in the dashboard displaying the new question. we have both widgets in the dashboard for a while, and we errase the old one once the information is no longer needed.

Leave a Reply