Can I generate multiple anonymous links? | XM Community
Skip to main content
Hi there,

I'm a grad student using Qualtrics for the first time for my research. I am disseminating my survey through 20 different organizations. I want to provide each organization a separate anonymous link so that I can also analyze responses per organization.

I see that I can add the contacts from the 20 organizations to my contacts and I was able to download the unique links each would get. What isn't clear is if these are anonymous, which is required by my IRB, and if that long link embeds onto a website or communication 'as is' (which is quite long) or appears in some other format (shorter weblink, button, etc.)

I've searched the community, YouTube and online and haven't found a way to be able to do this so I would really appreciate any assistance or guidance you can provide.

Thanks in advance,
With anonymous links you can just add a parameter to the url that will populate an embedded data field that you define in your survey flow. You'll be able to identify the 20 different organizations by the value of the embedded data field. Just add the parameter after a ? in the url, for example:

https://co1.qualtrics.com/jfe/form/SV_XYZ?myparm=org1
Tom,

Thank you so much for your time and response. To confirm my understanding, I am going to generate one anonymous link, and then for each organization I add a '?' and then any parameter that I want to use to identify the organization (i.e. ?organization1), or do I do something like you've noted with an =org1 (which I assume is followed by =org2)?

Sorry for the additional question, I'm new with this. I appreciate your time.
First add a parameter to the top of your survey and don't assign a value. Let's call the parameter "org".

Then add the org parameter to your url with a unique value for each of the 20 organizations to make 20 anonymous urls:

?org=org1

?org=org2

?org=org20
Thank you!

Hi, 

Thanks for this interesting question and response, we want to do something similar but with different schools.

It is very clear, but I am just wondering what you mean by ‘add a parameter’ . Do you mean that we just have to add ‘a new element’ in the survey flow at the top and choose: embedded data.

and then if we want to make our reusable URLs for each school we add ?org=org1 (for school 1), ?org=2 for school 2, etc. And then afterwards, we will be able to do the analyses per school without asking in which school they study.

Or do I have to add something else in the ‘Set Embedded Data’, to make clear we want to be able to analyse are data stratified by school? 

Thanks in advance, 

Leave a Reply