Can you automate the Distributions of a results report | XM Community
Skip to main content
I have an ongoing course evaluation survey. I already have Results reports created for each course. I was wondering if their was a way to automate the emailing of these results reports.

All Courses are evaluated through the same survey. Course information is saved as Embedded Data. All of the courses end at different times and therefore the evaluations start and end at different times. Evaluations are open for 1 week and I would like the report sent immediately after they close. The tricky part is that the survey never actually closes because it is used for evaluating all courses.

Example

- Course Name (saved as ED) : Psychology_1000

- Results Report is already created and filtered to display Psychology_1000 data only.

- Participants from Psychology_1000 are sent the evaluation and instructed to complete it within 1 week. Then one week from the distribution date I would like the report to be emailed out.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!
We won't be able to add any condition on schedule reporting...

But you can select schedule it for "Daily, Weekly, Monthly". Below documentation is for scheduling the report.

https://www.qualtrics.com/support/survey-platform/reports-module/results-section/exporting-and-sharing-results/scheduled-report-emails/
Thanks @Mohammedali_Rajapakar_Ugam. I am aware of how to schedule the reports. It won't work for my circumstances because each course evaluation has different start and end dates. I am trying to figure out a way to send it x number of days after the distribution goes out.
Hi @uhrxx005! I would recommend posting this in our Product Ideas category, as it is a feature not already developed by our team. Be sure to review the How to Write a Good Product Idea template and our Ideation Guidelines before you post your idea!
How do I submit a feature request? I have this exact same problem. I'd like to schedule reports and have the time period automatically update so the results for a specific date range is sent out at a scheduled time (instead of the new aggregate as more responses are collected).

I've found that I can set a filter on the report showing responses for Survey Metadata, Recorded Date = Today, Last 7 days, Last 14 days, Last 30 days, this month, etc. So if I want a monthly distribution of the report I schedule the Report Email to send on the first of the month (filtered for the last 30 days). It's not exact, but it's close. I'd really like to send a report once a quarter with the results for the last calendar quarter. For example, email a new report on April 1st with the data collected from Jan 1 - Mar 31. This would be more accurate of the last quarter because it's based on the recorded date instead of a rolling last 90 days. (btw Last 90 days isn't even an option in the Recorded Date filter. It goes from Last 60 days to Last 120 days.) Thank you!

Leave a Reply