carry forward from multiple text entry questions | XM Community
Skip to main content
Hi

I want to use "Carry Forward Statements - Entered Choices - Entered Text" from multiple Text Entry Form questions to one Matrix question. The issue is similar as described in this thread (https://www.qualtrics.com/community/discussion/819/carry-forward-answers-from-multiple-questions) but I don't want to use display logic because I don't know how many answers I will have to forward and there could potentially be many.

Thanks in advance
@automaticadd,

I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but the only way to do it is with display logic as described in the post you referenced. There is no way to combine carryovers from multiple questions into one question.
@TomG Thanks, at least that stops the search for a solution that doesn't exist!
> @TomG said:

> @automaticadd,

>

> I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but the only way to do it is with display logic as described in the post you referenced. There is no way to combine carryovers from multiple questions into one question.

Is there any way to request this as a feature? I came looking for it having already told a colleague (foolishly, I realize) that this was easily possible. It seems like a natural 'advanced' option in the Carry Forward functionality.
Hey, @brendontroy! Just wanted to jump in here and let you know that although this isn't a current functionality of the platform, you should post this in our Product Ideas category, as it is a feature not already developed by our team. Be sure to review the How to Write a Good Product Idea template and our Ideation Guidelines before you post your idea! 😃

Leave a Reply