Custom programming for slider question - piping forward questions with the highest score | XM Community
Solved

Custom programming for slider question - piping forward questions with the highest score

• 28 January 2019
  • 2 replies

Badge +1
I am looking for some suggestions on how to possibly use Calculations or JS (or any other function) to accomplish the following:

Basically, the survey I am creating asks participants to rate how similar or different they find 2 objects to be on a sliding scale from 0 (completely different) to 100 (identical). The respondent is asked to rate 20 or so pairs, all on one scrolling page. They then click "Next", and I am trying to figure out how on the following page to pipe/carry forward the slider question on which they ranked the pair the highest (or most similar) in order to ask them another question about that pair. I understand this would require Qualtrics to internally analyze the responses to all pairs then identify which was scored the highest.

My only idea at this point is to used piped text to carry forward each individual ranking from the sliders into a multiple choice question, then ask the respondent to select the highest number from the answer choices. Then, using display logic, I have it set to pipe forward the pair that correlates with the number that they selected. This seems to be a functional work-around, as long as the respondent ACTUALLY selects the highest number from the list, but I am reaching out to see if anyone else has any other ideas.

Thanks.
icon

Best answer by Anonymous 29 January 2019, 03:45

View original

2 replies

Hello @MauroUsabilitySci ,

If we have all the pairs in the same question with statements as slider description then qualtrics by default gives us the option to pipe in the the choice with highest numeric value.
Userlevel 2
Badge +6

MauroUsabilitySci
Any idea how to pipe in the highest value among those statements rather than the highest rated statement?

Leave a Reply