End of survey message will not appear | XM Community
Question

End of survey message will not appear

• 8 February 2021
  • 3 replies

Hi all.
First post and only second time using Qualtrics in my postgraduate - so please be gentle! Apologies if this is a simple fix but I haven't been able to see it myself.
I have written an end of survey message (a study debrief) that I want participants to be shown once their survey is complete. However, as many times as I change the setting in the survey termination options to 'custom' and select the debrief, it will not appear in the preview. Instead, the preview shows what I presume is the default message of 'thanks for xxx'.
I have read some articles online and I cannot see any problem with the settings I currently have or what I could possibly change. I've tried making a new message (hence it being called 'new debrief') but I cannot seem to remove the default end of survey message.
Is it just not showing in the preview and it will show in the real thing? I don't want to publish and distribute, potentially running the risk of it not working and participants not being debriefed.
Screenshot attached to show what I currently have settings-wise.

image.png

3 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +8

What does your Survey Flow look like. Did you add any "End of Survey" blocks through branching? Also, is your survey marked inactive because you have the default set for that? I suggest use an "End of Survey" in the survey flow to declare what you want a participant to see based on any branching they might have gone through during the response.

Thank you firstly for trying to help!
The status of the project is marked as 'active' so I don't think this is the issue.
There is an end of survey marked in the flow, and I have customised this to the 'new debrief' - it still isn't appearing.
image.pngNot quite sure why it is not working as it is a straightforward survey with relatively few skip options (none of them go to 'end of survey') - they all just go to specific questions in the third block. Could the branching be causing the issue?

Userlevel 3
Badge +8

Without seeing your customized options in the End of Survey block, my next suggestion is to check to make sure it is pointing to the correct end of survey message. I've made the mistake before that I set a message but wasn't getting what I wanted. It ended up being that I had multiple similarly named messages and I selected the wrong one.
I don't see any branching in your survey flow so that won't be the reason.

Leave a Reply