Generating multiple completes personalised link without sending email | XM Community
Solved

Generating multiple completes personalised link without sending email

• 25 January 2021
  • 6 replies

I am aware that Qualtrics has the ability to generate personalised multiple completes links via Qualtric's emailing system.
However, I would like to figure out if there is any way to generate these links without sending out emails, as I'm conducting a study where I'm sending these links out via an external platform.

icon

Best answer by bstrahin 27 January 2021, 20:04

View original

6 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +8

If you create personalized links from a contact list, it downloads to a file with the links.

Yes, I was able to generate personalised links accessible through Excel, but these links are single-use and state:
"You have either already completed the survey or your session has expired."
For the purposes of my study, I need them to be for multiple uses such that each response will not overwrite previous responses.
Thank you for your help! If you know some way around this problem I would be glad to hear it! :)

Userlevel 3
Badge +8

You can use a contact list with a contact list trigger and set up the anonymous URL with url data (?id=CONTACTID) in Excel to link the responses together.

Userlevel 7
Badge +38

You could do a work around...
Get your anonymous link and use query strings to add an identifier field to the end of your URL. Use a mail merge to send the person the individual link you created for them. Make sure your survey protection leave "Prevent ballot box stuffing" unchecked to allow multiple responses.
So you would have in the end something like:
anonymous_URL?ID=xxxx

Thank you all so much for your help! It works perfectly :)

Badge +2

You can also just populate the email addresses with dummy email (invalid) addresses, load up the contacts within the email send and check the multiple completes field. Once you complete the send it will fail to send to all of the error emails but it will still generate multiple complete links for all of the contacts.

Leave a Reply