How to combine two loop and merge fields in the same question | XM Community
Question

How to combine two loop and merge fields in the same question

• 17 February 2021
  • 2 replies

Screen Shot 2021-02-17 at 2.41.30 PM.pngHello all! I'd greatly appreciate your input on the following matter.
I would like to create a slide bar question using two piped fields from the loop and merge function. I want to ask my survey participants how happy or sad they will be at different days and time. Question: How happy will you be feeling next (insert day choosing from Monday till Sunday) in the (morning or afternoon or evening). I would like this block of question to be repeated 4 times but the morning and evening option to appear 25% of the time and afternoon 50% of the time.
I have created two fields in the loop and merge where one contains the days and the other one contains the three times of the day and have also randomized the loop order to 4 times. However, when I try to pipe the fields on my question, only the first field appears. Also, I am not sure how to set up the morning, afternoon, evening option based on the percentages.

Thank you for your help!

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +21

Your post is a little difficult to understand.
Is your question going to be: How happy will you be feeling next [Day] in the [Time]? With Day and Time coming from L&M fields?
Or are you going to have different sliders on the same page for different times?

Hi and thank you for your comment!
Maybe it's best if I put a screenshot as the way I wrote it was probably complicated.
Screen Shot 2021-02-17 at 2.41.30 PM.pngAs you said I would like the day and time to come from 2 different fields in the L&M. I want this to be presented 4 times (so 4 random days will appear) but the morning and evening option to appear 25% of the time and afternoon 50% of the time.

Thanks for taking the time!

Leave a Reply