Limit responses per condition using randomizer/quotas | XM Community
Skip to main content

I'm having a problem figuring out how to best manage assigning the participants to conditions. Alot of participants never complete the study , but the randomizer increments their conditions anyway so I am ending up with an uneven number participants per cell. Since I have 90 conditions, this is a big problem. I thought about using quotas, but if a condition quota becomes full after incrimenting upon survey completion, there is no way of sending participants through the randomizer again to select a condition that is not full; I can't send participants through to the rest of the study and sending them directly through the end would make me lose out on many participants as I am preventing ballot stuffing and they cannot try the survey again. What would be the best approach to assure even responses per condition?

Hi hellomike, it sounds like you may be able to accomplish this by using the Randomizer setting to "Evenly Display Elements", as well as using Quotas to monitor the counts and conditions that participants are falling under.
As the study is ongoing, you can review your quota counts, as well as edit counts on the Randomizer to correct for any unequal distributions as a consequence of participants not fully completing the survey.
If you have any further questions or need assistance troubleshooting, please do not hesitate to reach out to the Support Team for additional help! 🙂

Leave a Reply