Longitudinal, i.e. panel data survey. Different workflow in survey for 1st and 2nd time respondents | XM Community
Skip to main content
I have a longitudinal survey and about 400 people took it for the first time and gave their email. Now it is time for them to take the survey again.

However, I want the second time respondents to answer further questions. I thought I would have access to the email address in the survey for repeat respondents but haven't found a way to make it work.

Basically I want logic of the type "If email is not blank, then show this block of questions".

What is the simplest way to achieve this? I also want to send out the original anonymous link to other people who would take the survey for the first time.

Am I forced to send a different survey to the repeat respondents or is the above doable?

Thank you,

Christoph
Upload the email addresses as a panel with a new embedded data field, "Survey Count", set it at 2. Set up your logic flow so that if "Survey count" = 2, then you show the additional questions.

In the future, consider using the panel trigger option to assign this value for you to help automate the process:

https://www.qualtrics.com/support/survey-platform/survey-module/survey-tools/contact-list-triggers/
Thank you, Kate. For clarity, I set up a contact list trigger in the email and the survey created a contact list with the email address and multiple other data fields.

My difficulty is that when I then send an email to those people on the contact list with an individual link the survey doesn't seem to have access to any of the fields on the contact list - neither email nor any other field - at least the way I do it. Is there a way for these fields to be available?
You can use trigger email, read below for more explanation

https://www.qualtrics.com/community/discussion/2334/creating-a-single-survey-for-a-series-of-responses-from-different-respondents-ie-approvals#latest
@christoph Can you confirm you have the panelist data pulling back into the survey via embedded data?

!

Leave a Reply