Multi-value text set: break apart to compare TRUE/FALSE for values? | XM Community
Skip to main content

If I load data using multi-value text set embedded data, can I compare responses that do/don't have a certain value in Reports?
In the example, below, I'd like to make a report visualization that shows that people who are "value3" are less satisfied than people who are not "value3."
Response A: FIELD = value1, value2; SATISFACTION = High
Response B: FIELD = value1, value3; SATISFACTION = Low
Response C: FIELD = value1, value2; SATISFACTION = High

I know I can make Reports visualizations that show responses for everyone who has value1, has value2, etc. but that doesn't compare respondents who are vs. aren't associated with a certain value. I tried using "Create New Field" in the "Data & Analysis" tab but wouldn't let me define logic for presence vs. absence of a value.

Hi NickVEIC! We wanted to let you know that one way you can achieve this is by having two different visualizations displaying satisfaction, and filter them so one only shows “value3” and the other only shows responses that don’t have “value3". If you did not capture embedded data at the time of the response, you will need to create a custom field and add the values to each response manually, as embedded data isn’t retroactive! If you have any additional questions about this setup, be sure to reach out to our wonderful Support team, as they are best equipped to help! 😀

Leave a Reply