send out SMS reminder for original invite send via e-mail | XM Community
Solved

send out SMS reminder for original invite send via e-mail

• 23 January 2019
  • 5 replies

Badge +2
We want to send out initial survey invitations via regular e-mail using the Qualtrics mailer, but then send reminders for that same invitation using the Qualtrics SMS distribution. We have full SMS enabled on our Qualtrics license. But it’s not clear if it is possible to send out the original invitation via e-mail but the reminder for that same respondent to the same survey via text message
a. I found this page in Qualtrics Support:
https://www.qualtrics.com/support/survey-platform/distributions-module/mobile-distributions/sms-surveys/#RemindersandThankYous
which says that “Reminder and Thank You Email messages are separate from SMS messages in your library, and cannot be used for each other,” but it is still not clear if/how I can send a reminder via SMS for a survey invite that was originally sent via e-mail.
icon

Best answer by SamS 6 February 2019, 22:32

View original

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +19
You're going to have to send it as a new distribution. But if you download the history of the email send, it should be easy to see which surveys are completed or incomplete. Simply remove those who have completed the survey from your new SMS distribution.
Badge +1
Thanks; that is a solution, though not ideal, but I appreciate the idea!
Userlevel 7
Badge +19
I know it's not ideal- but it's how the platform works :s You're simply not able to choose new distribution methods for reminders- you're stuck with the original. I also can't generate personal codes then send a reminder email. Perhaps a neat feature suggestion for them!
Badge +4
Hi @BradyD453! While it is not currently possible to change distribution methods for reminders, it looks like you've thought of a great new feature request! If you have not yet already, I’d recommend posting this in our Product Ideas category, as it is a feature not already developed by our team. Be sure to review the How to Write a Good Product Idea template and our Ideation Guidelines before you post your idea!
Badge
Here's a roundabout way to do it:

Go to the directory and select the distribution list you're using. Then, create a sample that includes only people who 1) are on that distribution list, and 2) have not yet filled out that survey.

That will give you an SMS reminder list. Imperfect but it works.

Leave a Reply