Who has a "Checklist" they can share? | XM Community

Who has a "Checklist" they can share?

• 6 February 2019
  • 7 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +19
  • Level 5 ●●●●●
  • 544 replies
I'm working on training someone in Qualtrics. As the sole user for my org, I haven't put together any process documents explaining the process. While we've trained on the process one-on-one, we thought it might be nice to compile a "checklist" to help the new users make sure they are checking everything they should have their eyes on- from testing the survey flow, to making sure the expiration date is set, to standards for uploading panelists, etc.

I thought it might be nice to ask the Community- does anyone have any "Checklist" guides they are able to share? I bet you all have things that I wouldn't have thought to articulate.

7 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +10
This is a great idea - I wished I'd thought of it! 😃

We don't have a list, but one thing I always emphasize in training I do is that people should always, ALWAYS use the Check Survey Accessibility option and also do the Analyze Survey. These two can get easily forgotten in the mix of survey flow, open/close dates, etc.
Userlevel 7
Badge +38
I don't have a checklist but this is a great idea for when new hires are starting. At my previous organization we did a ton of surveying (although in a different system from Qualtrics). Because we had multiple employees it was part of our process to have one person code, 1-2 others test, and the coder to handle distribution.

You may want to ask the new person to start making the checklist based on what they learned. I have found it really hard as a seasoned user to start from square one and not forget things that are second nature to me. The new people will have fresh eyes and you can help fill in from there.

The closest thing I have is this document of "tips and tricks" but it is limited to hyperlink information and creating footers.
Userlevel 7
Badge +19
I really like the idea of having the new person write the checklist, @bstrahain! I'm so looking forward to a situation where one can code and a second person can test.
Userlevel 7
Badge +23
I have a page on our intranet with screenshots and examples covering the following topics !
Userlevel 7
Badge +19
That's a neat place to put it @mslreen. It looks so similar to the Qualtircs support page! Did you take a lot of their structure and articles? Or did you write it yourself?
Userlevel 7
Badge +23
I wrote it myself adapting also to the industry we are working in, using some specific info we work with in the screenshots (that is why i cannot post a screenshot of how the sections really look like inside 😉 )

It doesn't go deep into details, but it is a basic package i wish i had when started working with Qualtrics platform 😀
Userlevel 4
Badge +5
@bstrahin @kate We did something very similar when we hired more than one to do surveys. Our seasoned survey maker was so used to little things that we new users had to make check lists for XD. These little things included: checking quotas, turning off question labels, and such. Unfortunately due to proprietary verbiage in our checklist I can't share a screenshot. Having someone to double check me is awesome!🙌

Leave a Reply