Bypass creating a sample | XM Community
Question

Bypass creating a sample

• 19 October 2021
  • 6 replies

Badge +8

Is there a setting somewhere that would prevent the system from creating a sample list each time a distribution runs?

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +30

Hi SRenoMT,
Can you provide a little more detail about this? What do you mean by "sample": a selection of contacts from a larger email list, or something else?

Badge +8

Hello MatthewM
I am referring to the sample list of contacts created from the larger list every time the larger list is surveyed.

Userlevel 7
Badge +30

That sounds unusual. I've never seen Qualtrics behave that way in my experience. If you want to describe your steps or share screen shots of them, we could see if there's a different set of steps to take to avoid this. But if you are following the steps correctly and Qualtrics is creating unintended samples, then something might be wrong in your account that needs the attention of Qualtrics Support.

Badge +8

I currently manually create multiple customer contact list's each week for our CX survey. I then adjust my email automations to the new correct contact lists for that week. Every week when they run they will also create sample lists but I have never found a setting to turn this off as we do not need them nor use them.

Userlevel 7
Badge +30

OK. I haven't used automations so I wonder if it's something happening in that step. Maybe another community member with experience with that can chime in, or support can look into it.

Userlevel 6
Badge +28

Can you please share screenshots of the setup.

Qualtrics creates a Distribution ID every time automation runs. Never heard of sample creation.

Leave a Reply