Import Contacts with Large Embedded Fields | XM Community

Import Contacts with Large Embedded Fields

• 19 May 2022
  • 1 reply

Hi,

I'm new here and I'm trying to import a new contact list from another account which has existing embedded fields.

I'm unsure if it's a new limit imposed due to the migration over to XM Directory, but I'm currently getting an error message that the embedded fields in my file have too many characters as there is a limit of 1024 characters.

However, according to the Embedded Field support page, embedded field values can be up to 20KB, where characters in English are 1 byte.

Since embedded fields are able to hold more characters, is there a workaround the character limit to import them into a new contact list? Not sure if others are facing the same issue, would appreciate any insights. Thanks in advance!

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +36

Hello Em_K
It seems you are getting confused between two different embedded data fields as both stores value differently.

1. Survey flow embedded data- the one you have linked the support page as well for. You can include embedded data within survey flow upto 20KB .

2. XM Directory Embedded data- Support page - you can only have "Embedded data names have a maximum of 200 characters. Values should be a maximum of 1024 characters each.".

Also, as per migration over to XM Directory, there is a new limit introduced as well.
image.png

Leave a Reply